Monday, December 5, 2011

My darling Aaron

He's sweet.
He's adorable.
He's growing up.
His mind doesn't understand all the changes going on inside his body and in his life.
He's lashing out.
He needs help.
I need help.

This explains my absense. I've been a little blue to blog that my once sweet boy now sees me as someone he loathes. I feel inadequate as a parent. I'm getting the run around trying to get us both help through the appropriate channels. I'm frustrated, I might be down but I'm not out!

7 comments:

Dawnmarie's Life said...

I'm so sorry you're both struggling right now. I know that you'll both come through this stronger on the other side. Know that you're in my thoughts. Take your time to do what you need for both of you, don't worry about us, we'll be here when you get back. But feel free to share any time you need support. You're not alone, and you aren't inadequate. You're an incredible woman doing her best in a trying situation. I've been enjoying your journey so I don't mind sharing the struggles too. Take care of yourself.

carol said...

Hang in there, girl! You've been down and out before and eventually have come through with flying colors. It's bound to happen again!!! Be strong!

cauchy09 said...

gosh, i wish you great strength!

Everyday Quilter said...

So sorry to hear of your difficutlies. I'll be praying for you both!

Anonymous said...

All kids go through this Laura, and Aaron is no different. My gosh he's getting big and handsome. You hang in.

Jan said...

Yea Laura most kids get to go through a difficult stage where they behave as if they hate you. But they don't. They are testing and stretching and seeing how far they can push and they squally do it to those they love the most. Hang in for the bumpy ride. It can be depressing but it won't be like this all the time. Keep seeking help, but in the mean time keep doing the good job you do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura...Some of that is normal for the age, and some is because of his circumstances I'm sure. Hang in there. Getting some outside help might help you both in just sharing your frustrations, but it isn't a reflection on your parenting. It is just part of the journey for you both. I am so glad you have the sewing to keep your attention diverted. You truly are an artist! :)

Blog Archive

Contributors