Here I am waiting for the bus. This is my entry for week 2 of 52 Fridays. Isn't it a great self portrait? I love the reflection of the bus in my living room window.
As we enter the 3rd week of January I have had to slow down because I've been plagued by small ailments one after another. This week I'm dealing with an ear infection that started 2 weeks ago! I was prescribed antibiotic ear drops for 7 days, I don't think it worked. Sunday I woke up with pink eye in one eye. I had it in the opposite eye 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty much fed up with being ill and I want to be 100% myself again.
When I moved to the city 10 years ago after leaving Aaron's father I had a hard time getting a family doctor closer to me. The one I had was 40 minutes away and with no car that made it quite difficult for me. I tried to find a new family doctor but no one was taking new patients. So I was alwaus going to the Emergency for little ailments. Over the weekend a friend gave me the name and number of a family doctor and I got an appointment Thursday. I'm happy that I can start taking care of me. I'm nervous because I always fear that something will be terribly wrong with me.
I have 12 blocks! I knew this would be a slow project from the get-go. I didn't realize how slow.. Tiny piece sewing is tedious. Everything has to be near exact to make a good block. I am committing myself to make at least 2 per week from here on out.
As if I didnt have enough projects I started yet another one. This is just a test block for a quilt idea I had in my head. I want to make scrappy boats. This will be a gift for one of the babies to be born this year. I have 3 baby quilts to make, 2 as gifts and 1 as a commission. I need to finish them all by spring.
Now if only I could start feeling better I would have so much more energy to sew.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Busy busy busy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my! I'm so sorry you're not up to par! I think it's this time of year. We're all sort of in a "funk" with the long dark days and snow (ugh) and no happy skies. Take care of yourself and get enough sleep. That will help a whole lot!
Is that snow and flip flops in your picture?!? Yikes! But it does make a wonderful backdrop for your block. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Young lady, get back in the house right now and put on some proper shoes!
Your quilt block look awesome! Keep posting the new ones you make.
give Aaron a hug from me too.
Hope you are feeling better really soon. The quilt with the crosses gave me an idea to make a quilt with crosses. What I mean is, making the bottom part longer so it looks like a Christian cross. I think I would really love a quilt like that.
That is an exellent self-portrait! I hope you're feeling better by now, I know what you mean about stupid tiny ailments. I've been fighting sinus and coughs since October.
Post a Comment