Sunday, January 8, 2012

Something New


cut and ready, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

As if I don't have enough works in progroess I had to go and add another. This is a quilt along with my God daughter. As part of her Christmas present this year I took her fabric shopping and she chose several fabrics with my guidance for color, scale and print. I didn't voice my opinions tooo much because this is her quilt and she's making it. I want her to love it.
For the actual quilt design I've been in love with Kate's work of OneFlewOver. I'm inspired by the simplicity of the design. I thought squares and rectangles would be easy enough for my Goddaughter to take on. She has fabrics cut out for two blocks and next time she comes over she will sew them up. I'm too cold to wait so I'll be sewing up my quilt this week. I hope. If I'm not distracted by making other pretty things....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Laura, she did a great job! That's going to be a beautiful, colorful quilt.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Laura, she did a great job! That's going to be a beautiful, colorful quilt.

Blog Archive

Contributors