Sunday, February 5, 2012

Why yes I did get a haircut!


November 2011, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

someone recently asked me if I got a haircut and I'm here today to blog that yes I did. This was my hair 1 week prior to getting it cut.

The long hair had to go. Cut 3 inches off today.
I was bored and thought I'd give myself a trim and cut off 3 inches from the ends.
The next day I thought I'd pop into a hair salon for a quick touch up to the ends in the back to make sure they were even.
The hairdresser did that for me and when I looked in the mirror I wasn't as satisfied as I thought I would be. I felt like I looked still the same only with shorter hair. I needed a change. I told her I liked her hair and to give me what she had.

A real haircut from a real hairdresser
She did a really great job with layering the hair. I liked how light it felt but I did not like those bangs. It felt like there were only 4 hairs in there. Ugh. They were too whispy for me. So out came my scissors almost every week and I trimmed and trimmed and trimmed some more...
Almost two months later and I think I'm starting to like the bangs/fringe.
Today my hair looks like this. I am starting to get used to it after almost 2 months with the new hair. The upside is that I'm not wearing the ballerina buns, although I miss them. My hair isn't shedding a lot like it used to. I'm having fun with styling. I even bought a real hair straightener. I'm glad the hairdresser didn't cut off a lot of the length. I can say for certainty that the length won't be staying short and I have a pinterest board dedicated to growing out my hair. I am torn if I will keep the bangs or grow them out. I kinda like the look for now and these suckers grow so fast that I have to decide if I'm keeping them short or not. What do you think? Bangs or no bangs?

10 comments:

smileymamaT said...

I love your hair both ways, so I'm no help at all. :)

Michelle said...

I think your hair looks great in the first pic w/the long hair and no bangs ... but it also looks just as great in the last pic with the way you've grown out your bangs. They look great with the thicker bangs! How lucky that you can wear your hair either way!

Sharon said...

I love your look in the last picture (with more bangs). You could even grow it longer and keep the layers...that would give you the option of putting it in a bun. But I still think the style is adorable on you.

Melaniemmacdonald said...

Hi There! I liked your hair before, but when I saw ithe cut, I was like WOW It Looks Great! So, I like the bangs. I think they're "current" and a little bit "edgy"!

Melzie said...

I think the bangs frame your face and bring out those gorgeous eyes Laura!! You are beautiful both ways so really it's just YOUR preference but I vote for the thicker bangs at the bottom :)

:o) mg said...

Sweet Laura, you could have no hair at all and you would still be GORGEOUS! Your inner beauty that shines through your lovely peepers is what wows the rest of us!

Carole Burant said...

I'm loving that last picture so I say keep the bangs, it really suits you and actually makes you look even younger and sexier:-) That haircut frames your face so beautifully. I bought myself a flat iron a couple of years ago and just love it. My hair is very long and thick so it's nice to be able to straighten it out...feels so much lighter when I do. xoxo

carol said...

Bangs and shorter hair (like now)...makes you look younger and prettier too!

Mary said...

I just saw your quilt on quilt story...I wanted to tell you it is a beautiful quilt. I bet it cheered up the hospital room greatly! The haircut looks great too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura...I like your hair very much!

Hey, I have a suggestion for you. Under DESIGN in blogger, you should add the FOLLOW BY EMAIL BUTTON on your blog. That way some of us can sign up to get your updates by email, so we don't miss out on your newest posts! Just an idea!

Blog Archive

Contributors