Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dispatch from the Big City (2)


8::52 Fridays, originally uploaded by LauraJ_Sews.

We met up with a very nice twitter/flickr friend at a coffee shop on Friday. It was a lovely little chat about this that and everything in between. it was nice to see a friendly face amongst a sea of strangers.
On this Sunday like no other Sunday I've had in many years I'm filled with worry, not dread but just plain mama-worry.
I'm supposed to be an old pro at this considering it is not his first surgery, I've lost count after 5 so it's somewhere between 50 and 10 and it could be number 11 for all I know. When I went for the pre-op I saw a stack of his files and they were at least 12 inches high of papers and notes and tests. Wow!
My stomach bottoms out everytime I think the worst case scenario. I know that Aaron is much bigger and older and healthier than he once was so he has those things going for him. It's just the unforseen things that I worry about most.
I find myself litterally breathing heavier today, sweating once in a while, chilled at other times. We're hanging out in the hotel room in our pajamas because I don't want to venture out and risk him catching something. I just want to rest.
We are to be at the hospital tomorrow at 7:30 am to register for admission. Aaron is to be taken in for surgery at 9 am. From then until the time he comes out I won't know what to do with myself.
If I can't blog for some reason or another I have just added a twitter widget to my blog on the right side. I will update when I can.

Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers and good vibes you have sent. They mean the world to me!

9 comments:

carol said...

I will be thinking and praying for both of you all day tomorrow!!

l said...

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and checking twitter for updates.

cauchy09 said...

*fingers crossed!*

Sharon said...

I don't think any surgery is ever easy but you've got lots of thoughts and prayers with you to carry you through the waiting time. Best wishes that all goes well tomorrow and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Carole Burant said...

Please know that my prayers have been with Aaron and you. As a mom, I know how much we worry about our kids and whenever there's a surgery involved, it's even worse. Sending big hugs across the miles. xoxo

Cheryl said...

keeping you and Aaron in my prayers. God bless you both.

Valerie said...

Just now reading this post, but I wanted to tell you that you both are in my prayers and hopefully everything went well!

Sending lots of love from good ol' Oklahoma ;) --
Valerie

:o) mg said...

Putting both you and Aaron on the prayer list at our church for freedom from anxiety and a complication-free, successful outcome. xoxo

Sarah said...

All surgeries are scary no matter how "minor" or "routine". I hope it all went well and you get the results you want. With a quick recovery thrown in for good measure!

Blog Archive

Contributors