Sunday, April 6, 2008

appreciate


Friday around 4.30 Aaron went to the door and put on his hat then attempted to put on his coat. I asked him where are you going? And he promptly replied "I going to papa's house!" Well okay have fun! I wish that middle picture wasn't so blurry. Is it me or is he just too cute? I'm so happy we can ditch the winter hat and bring out the spring stuff. Of course he still has to wear boots as there is still snow on ground and I know he doesn't walk but I don't want his toes to get cold. He's not home yet as of this posting but he'll be home soon enough. I do miss him when he goes, thankfully my time is filled up with other things that the time goes by quite quickly.
After last night I do have a new appreciation of our little two person family.

By the looks of this picture I appreciate my little family of two which yesterday was minus 1 plus 6.
While Aaron was away 6 more came to play. I consented to the watching of 6 little people under 5 feet 2 inches.
I love it. I really, really love it! Kids are just fascinating little creatures. All these little minds, little people with thoughts and feelings and opinions of thier own. Oh they are just so beautiful. I won't make it a habit of having 6 people over. It's a lot of work. But oh so worth it.
There are lots of funny moments and the one that stands out in my mind:
As I'm trying to take 30 seconds to go to the bathroom by myself I hear yelling through the door:
6 year old nephew: Shu Shu! S (11 year old girl) is hit P (her 4 year old brother) in the face!!!
me: Is he bleeding?
6 year old nephew: No.
me: Okay then he's fine.
~~
This is a typical scenario when these kids get together. As all kids do they want to beat the living daylights out of eachother. The hardest job is being referee. I manage quite well though because when they all go home they can't wait to come back!
I have an appreciation of what my mom went through with 6 children of her own all the time. Bless my poor mama who looked after all us little people while my dad worked all the time.
As the kids were getting reaady to go home with thier respective parents I commented to one of the mothers
Boy I love those kids! Especially when they go home.
~~
Now I've got 4 hours to put my home back into order in preparation for my little guy's return.
ohokaybyehaveagoodday
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Junior said...

Love the pictures, such a cute kid.
Wow did you have a busy day.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm sure that those kids had a great time with you. I'll bet the time flew by! Hope you are doing great. I hope to hear from you soon! Take care and hugs!

~ Teresa ~ said...

I like Aaron's hat... Some very cute pictures...

Carole Burant said...

Oh Laura, seeing those pictures makes me realize how big he's getting! He's growing up so fast and yup, getting cuter and cuter by the day:-) Oh wow, you sure have nerves of steel...babysitting 6 kids all at once! When my two sons were little, I babysat 4 other kids their age for 3 years...I couldn't do it now! lol You certainly do have an affinity with children and at least you know that a child gives you pure love:-) xox

Sarah said...

Those are really great pics of Aaron! I love reading about his antics.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Adorable pics - and I was LOL about the bathroom conversation. *That's* when you know you've truly become a mother - when you're asking if anyone's bleeding while you're on the porcelain throne! It sounds like you had a grand time!

Kari said...

me: Is he bleeding?
6 year old nephew: No.
me: Okay then he's fine.
That's hilarious.
Great Photos of Aaron. Him and T have the same Hat. I am loving how independent Aaron is becoming

Anonymous said...

Aaron is such a cutie. Love his hat! Just reading about six kids stomping into your house made me tired!

Michelle said...

You're so funny! when Aaron is at his dads that is supposed to be your time to yourself and you end up with 6 other kids over for the weekend! LOL I couldn't do it - I need time to unwind and just have "me" time :)

Blog Archive

Contributors