This is my face. I am 8 years, 9 months and 2 weeks old. I will be 9 in September. I live in Canada with my mom. She's a great mom. Like today we went to the store because the buses weren't running because there was flooding and a lot of water everywhere. So we went to the store and my mom bought me two movies because she lost one. Dora Pirate Adventure. It is my most favorite movie ever after the Teletubbies Big Pumpkin. And she got me Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. I didn't have one of those and I had been wanting one forever but she wouldn't get it me one because it was French. We found an English one today and she bought it for me. When we went to the store I got to ride in the shopping cart. People don't stare at me as much when I ride in the shopping card instead of my wheelchair. I like my wheelchair but my mom doesn't like taking it to the store because I tend to wander off and give her a bit of a hard time when she's trying to shop. My mom bought apples today. And popsicles. I can't wait to try some popsicles.
You know I'm just like everybody else. I laugh, I cry, and I tell stories. I don't eat a lot of food because it bothers me too much. A lot of stuff was done to me when I was little and I have a lot of fears when it comes to food in my mouth. I have a special tube that my mom feeds me special cans of milk that help me grow big and strong. I go to school on a special bus with a lift. I love going to school. They help me a lot at school and I learn so much. All the kids are school are cool and they say hi to me a lot. When I'm out with my mom sometimes they come say hi to me. The strange kids who don't know me like to stare. Sometimes my mom is kind and asks them where their mom or dad is because it starts to get uncomfortable for her when a kid is just standing there for a long time looking at me for no reason at all. I don't talk a lot when I'm out in public. Sometimes I make weird noises and sometimes I cry because I'm not getting or doing what I want. I'd much rather be home playing video games. My dad is cool. He has a playstation that I get to play whenever I go there. My favorite game is Spyro. I used to like watching Spyro on Youtube but my mom stopped me from going on the computer because I stimming too much on Youtube. She moved the computer to her room. She also gave a lot of my toys away! I'm thankful she didn't give away my favorite puzzle and my sticker pages and my dohdoh. Sometimes I have to have things done to me because parts of my body don't work properly. I don't mind it too much. It doesn't bother me. In the beginning it did but I got used to it. When we are out in public sometimes it's hard for my mom to do what needs to be done. We get it done because she knows it's very important. My mom ignores those around her. People like to stare.
We're going for a walk later because there's a lot of flooding in town and mummy wants to check it out. Sometimes I like to talk but it doesn't make sense to other people. It makes sense to me though. I love it when my mom figures out what I'm saying. Lately I've been able to memorize the stories she reads me and I like to repeat those to myself outloud. My favorite is Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Sometimes I wake up too early in the morning and I should be sleeping but I'm just not sleepy. 4 and 5 am is too early for my mom. The other day I didn't wait for her to get me up I just took off my sleeping mask, got off the bed, turned of the breathing machine and went to the living room. Mommy heard me playing video games. Then I had to get ready for school. Tomorrow if the roads are nice and not flooded I will get to see my dad. My dad loves me very much and I love my dad. I love my mummy too.
We're going for a walk later because there's a lot of flooding in town and mummy wants to check it out. Sometimes I like to talk but it doesn't make sense to other people. It makes sense to me though. I love it when my mom figures out what I'm saying. Lately I've been able to memorize the stories she reads me and I like to repeat those to myself outloud. My favorite is Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Sometimes I wake up too early in the morning and I should be sleeping but I'm just not sleepy. 4 and 5 am is too early for my mom. The other day I didn't wait for her to get me up I just took off my sleeping mask, got off the bed, turned of the breathing machine and went to the living room. Mommy heard me playing video games. Then I had to get ready for school. Tomorrow if the roads are nice and not flooded I will get to see my dad. My dad loves me very much and I love my dad. I love my mummy too.
When me and my mom go out it's hard for us because there is no special adapted taxis for me. I can't walk so she has to carry me onto the seat and then sometimes has to take the wheelchair and it's heavy. I can crawl though but it's hard to crawl outside. If I had a wish it would be that we'd be able to get around town more.
My name is Aaron. I have disabilities. But they don't have me.
My name is Aaron. I have disabilities. But they don't have me.

7 comments:
You are a great mom. I'm glad you put that in there.
My little one likes the same kind of movies. I saw an amazing video on Blogs Are Stupid, today. A man named Steven is called the human camera. It's amazing what he can draw from memory. Find her in my favorite people list. She's Blog Antagonist. Her post today was great. I hope you will check it out! Hugs and love, T
i enjoyed reading Aaron's story. I really felt like it was him talking to me.
Amen, Aaron, amen.
That was lovely. Well done :)
wow.
love you, buddy.
I loved this post you did for BADD! I absolutely couldn't think of anything to blog about that day - isn't that awful! I think I thought about it too much and nothing would come to me. I loved how you told Aaron's story from his point of view and gave us a glimpse into his world. Well done!
Post a Comment