Two years ago when I first started my forrays into blogging and then realizing the millions of other blogs out there I stumbled upon this blog post (scroll down to June 8). I fell in love with that quilt. Oh how I loved that quilt. I set out that summer to create something similar. Two years later my work in progress is now a finished quilt of my very own. I am totally enamoured with this quilt and I have no idea why. Is it because I started it when my love of quilting came back to me? Or could it be because so much of my fabric history is in here. This quilt was put together before I discovered the really cheap Maine store where I now buy my fabric-except the backing did come from there earlier last month. I wonder if it has something to do with the connection I feel to the women of the past. At any rate this has to be one of my favorite all time quilts I've ever made. Another picture here.~Gosh I love that backing fabric!~ And another one here. I see this quilt getting lots of use this summer and many many summers and years to come.

Today's creativity included making a card for Aaron's pediatrician for the last 6 years. He retired and I was asked to make a card. Ever the recycler I found an envelope and glued on some bits of paper to hide the bits that I didn't want showing. They match the card and voila! The nurse came to pick it up today and gasped. I said it took less than 10 minutes to make. She says it's the nicest card I've seen!
Some people are so nice! (I love to make cards and I don't take the time to make more! It's not like I don't have the supplies!)

**********Warning: Gratuitous Aaron photos ahead************

Oh was he a happy boy when I allowed him free reign with his boombox and stack of CD's. I had other shots but they were all blurry from his jumping with glee! The photo below is of his new RED stroller! We went for that walk to check out all the flooding around are area. All pretty clear now. It was crazy! I've never seen anything like it! Photos here.
Today's creativity included making a card for Aaron's pediatrician for the last 6 years. He retired and I was asked to make a card. Ever the recycler I found an envelope and glued on some bits of paper to hide the bits that I didn't want showing. They match the card and voila! The nurse came to pick it up today and gasped. I said it took less than 10 minutes to make. She says it's the nicest card I've seen!
Some people are so nice! (I love to make cards and I don't take the time to make more! It's not like I don't have the supplies!)
**********Warning: Gratuitous Aaron photos ahead************
Oh was he a happy boy when I allowed him free reign with his boombox and stack of CD's. I had other shots but they were all blurry from his jumping with glee! The photo below is of his new RED stroller! We went for that walk to check out all the flooding around are area. All pretty clear now. It was crazy! I've never seen anything like it! Photos here.
Did you see the red stroller ?????
We got a red stroller!!
(It's a fluke that his hat matches the stroller....and might I add my buy of the month...that hat plus a pair of mittens 44 cents! Even though it's May it's still cold enough to wear a polar fleece hat!)
Wait until you see what I got today...photos coming Monday!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

7 comments:
I love the quilt too! I've made some for people that I had a hard time parting with. I'm glad you love the one you made! It is beautiful! I loved the card too! You are very talented. I recycle too but I've never made anything that beautiful! What kind of CD's does he like? I would like to know! And the stroller is perfect! Colors and all. You still haven't told me if the flooding was from too much rain or snow melting too fast. I'm glad that it's over with! Can't wait to hear from you! Hugs ~ Laura Love, T
what a cool new stroller, love it and I bet Aaron thinks it is great.
What a great stroller! And it's RED with plenty of room for growing. Isn't is much easier when you have the right equipment?
The quilt is beautiful! I'm so glad you got the red stroller! I have a feeling you guys are going to be taking a lot of walks and getting a lot of use out of it! He looks so comfy and stylin' in it!
Red!! Wicked cool.
And the quilt is beautiful - and so is the card! Wow, you had a bunch to show today!!
That card is so amazing! As is the quilt...
Aaron looks like he's chillin' in that awesome red stroller! Lovin' the cool shades, too.
Great job Laura!! I'm so glad to be an inspiration. Your quilt is lovely.
I've hung my little True Love quilt over my bed. It's giving me sweet dreams and hope for a romantic future...
Love you!
Post a Comment