Monday, May 19, 2008

delightful

Friday night for the first time in months I actually had no kids sleeping over! What a wonderful feeling to have the home all to myself to do as I wish. However I was missing the little tykes. The next day I had planned to go on a bicycle ride on the trail. I thought it'd be fun to have my nephew (my brother's son) along. I then had a thought to make a little picnic lunch.
I managed to take this photo without falling off the bike!
(I love my little bag made by the ever generous Z.)


I had a hard time keeping up.


My planned little picnic and bike ride of 2 turned into 3 with another little fellow (an adopted nephew of sorts) coming along.
I put together this little lunch for us of bologna and cheese sandwhiches, and fresh veggies with dip.
I ate the celery as apparently they didn't like it at all.
The little boy in orange had me cracking up because he had a sandwhich in each hand and eating both at the same time.
They are just too cute!!

This was taken by the little guy in orange.
I didn't realize the little guy in red was hiding behind the bench!
(not to self: do not wear white with two little boys around!)

What's even more fun is that I got to bring them back to my brother and I went home alone for a second night in a row!
Wonderful!
~~~~~~~
I've been tagged by chickenfoot for a meme so here goes:

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1-What was I doing ten years ago?
Longing for a child, sewing, and living in an old house with my then husband.

2-Five things on my to do list for today.
Since the day is mostly over I'll list tomorrow's 5 things to do:
Pay bills
send Aaron off to school
laundry
shop for some food
go to the post office

3-Snacks I enjoy:
popcorn
chips
veggies and dip
dark chocolate

4-What would I do if I were a billionaire?
build a nice house for Aaron and me
buy his dad a vehicle
buy an adapted van for Aaron and me and learn how to drive it!
fix my brother's teeth
contribute to my nieces and nephews college funds
charity

5- places I've lived:
Connecticut (first five years of my life)
Alberta
New Brunswick
Aaron gets treated in 2 in Quebec so we can say I've lived there off and on out of hotel rooms for the past 8 years

6- I'm supposed to tag other folks but I know how folks don't like to be tagged so if you are reading consider yourself tagged:
especially if you are:
Krom_mama

SmileymamaT

Green-eyed Mama


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thanks for tagging ME!! I just did a food porn meme and it was soooo boring. This is much more fun!! Thanks again, I'll do it today!! Wish I could have been there for the picnic. I would have been running behind you all though I don't like riding bikes. Hurts my youknowwhat!! Hugs and love, T

susan said...

thanks for doing the meme. i love reading about people in this way. there are things i probably never would have known about you otherwise!

Catch said...

Your little bike ride and picnic looked like so much fun Laura! Food always taste so good when your out on the trail...lol.I wouldnt have ate the celery either.lol.. Loved the meme.

Sarah said...

TWO two whole nights with the house to yourself? How luxurious!

mommy to six J's said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and a very peaceful night char

Sarah said...

good for you for having two nights alone! I just posted my meme reply to chickenfoot this morning, then I hop over here to see what you are up to! funny!

smileymamaT said...

just saw i got tagged, have to do it next time... love the two-handed sandwich eating, the little guy I taught for a while at the preschool used to eat toast with strawberry jam that way...it looked so thoroughly enjoyable I'd find myself making that for a late night snack!!!!

Blog Archive

Contributors