Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Here we go!

And he's off to start a new school year.


Getting on the bus he was a bit grumpy.


Bye mummy!
(read: get the hell off the bus mummy!)


There he goes to school. My big boy almost 9 in less than 2 weeks.
New back pack, because according to his cousin he's a big boy now and in grade 3 he doesn't need cartoon back packs anymore.
He's still my little baby boy though and I will coddle him when I need to.
He was awake before me this morning around 6 am. I'd been telling him for a week that he was going to school soon.
I remember not telling him in previous years and the first week was awful for him as he wasn't mentally prepared. My boy is smarter than I give him credit for. So the routine went smoothly without a hitch. I didn't miss a beat and didn't forget anything!
He was on the bus by 8.15 am compared to 8.50 last year. That's 35 more minutes he gets to spend at school. Which is a good thing!
Even more fun is that he gets to stay until 2.40 pm now that he's in the third grade. He'll be home around 3 pm.
That leaves me with 6 hours and 45 minutes during the day! Woot woot!!
I'm gonna miss the little guy during the day however I'm going to be even I'm happier knowing that he's going to be learning stuff that he and I both don't have the patience to teach him.
Everyone together now:

*sigh*

(the sigh of relief heard from mothers around the world)

Here's to a wonderful school year!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! I miss not sending mine to school, they are adults now,but I totally get where you are!! LOL!!! Enjoy your freedom!!!
Diane

Sarah said...

Yes thank goodness for school! They love it and we get a break. Aaron looks really cute for his first day!

Junior said...

Aaron looks very prepared for his first day. When is his bday? Junior's is a little less than two weeks from now as well(the 10th and he will turn 10).

Beth said...

What a big boy. I am so happy you get some you time. I still have two boy who don't start till next year and the year after. But I will have to say I am not ready to let them go yet.

Have a great year, and Happy soon to be Birthday.

Sarah said...

sigh

oh wait, mine are still with me : )

jacquie said...

good for him and good for you. sounds like a pretty smooth start.
enjoy your time!

susan said...

how exciting for him, and its good that you told him in advance this year. it seems to have worked. i envy your time on your own, wait a minute...im a homeschooling mom....never mind! cant wait to see all the goodies you sew up in the coming weeks!!

Samantha said...

i'm sure 3rd grade will be fabulous for him- and for you. enjoy those hours off!

Kari said...

I hope he has a wonderful year!

Anonymous said...

omg, i hope your first week is going better than ours... ;)

Blog Archive

Contributors