Friday, September 12, 2008

So what, it's Friday!

I'm a bit in a pissy mood today. First Aaron decides that 2.30 am is a great time to wake up and start talking and singing. Ummm no. He was still jabbering at 3.30 and again at 4.30. I went in twice to tell him it was time to sleep!

Secondly the mail did not come and deliver Aaron's birthday present like I'd hoped for. This was "the gift" of all gifts and it's not here and I'm terribly sad for it. I shouldn't be because Aaron doesn't even know what a birthday is. He knows what presents are and will gladly open one if handed to him or he finds one somewhere. Now I have to come up with a plan B. Which is...take him shopping a little while we are up in the big city on Tuesday. Then sneak away and wrap them up with some tissue paper. (Note to self: pack tissue paper and tape) I'm sure the day will turn out fine but it's still dissappointing.

On a good note I am more than 80% packed for our trip! I love packing and being prepared. I hate to forget anything and I've been known to be halfway there with sudden dread did I pack that? Of course I did but it's worrisome just the same. The little guy needs plenty of medical stuff and I have to make sure I've got everything and then some. And let's not forget entertainment because it's not easy to entertain a child cooped up in a hotel room for days. (Ummm hello Canada*post! I was counting on you to deliver that package you bunch of fruitcakes!)

I'm off to sew to forget my woes today. Hopefully you all have a better day than me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snail mail you gotta love it....
I am sorry your parcel didn't come in time for your trip.
I am positive you can bounce back from this set back!!
Take care
Diane

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm so sorry that he didn't get his birthday present. It will be there, it will be there soon!!

He's going to love it too!!

Have a great trip and I hope to see you soon!!

Big hugs and love, T

P.S. Please give Aaron big birthday hugs and love from me!!
Thanks!!

Carole Burant said...

Canada Post has got to be the slowest thing on earth! How many times I've sent out packages or waited for a package for weeks and months when it should have only taken a week!!! Ugh. Here's wishing you and Aaron a safe trip, hope it all goes well. Big hugs and birthday kisses to the little guy:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ahh darn! The good news is that when Aaron's present does finally arrive, it'll be the best day ever!

Lisa said...

Which big city are you headed to??? And yeah, Canada Post...not impressive. Never was. Here in the USA, I even get mail delivered on Saturday!!!!

susan said...

sorry your package didnt arrive.
:o(
it will come tho, and he will be happy to open it then.
smiles :o)

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day; I've had my fair share of those days! What a bummer the package didn't arrive on time either!

Blog Archive

Contributors