Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i'm here

With a new week upon me yesterday I decided to freshen up the living room by adding some colour.
I borrowed A's first quilt and put it on the couch.
I like it. FYI I have not slept under either of the two quilts I made for Aaron. Seriously, I don't know how comfy they are. Oh I've made quilts before and have slept under them but I think these are REAL quilts if you know what I mean. Using all cotton fabrics and batting and hand sewing the binding. I feel all grown up like a real quilter now, even though I've been doing this for more than 10 years!


Here's a little glimpse into my sewing sanctuary from Monday morning. After scooting the boy off to school, with no tears on a Monday to boot! I made some muffins from a package and while they were still warm made some hot chocolate and headed on over into my room to do some sewing on my new REAL quilt that will be for me. But truth be told, it's probably going on the couch. I have another quilt that will be MINE, all MINE. (That will be March's project. One quilt at a time right? I no longer think in months, I think in quilts.



I feel I need to mention that I haven't forgotten about those of you who played my little contest.
Last week I found the perfect prize!
I'll be packaging them up and mailing them off as soon as I can!
I'm so sorry that I'm so slow at this mail thing.
Thank you for your patience!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura that looks so cosy!!
I just love the colors and thanks for the peek at your work room.
Diane

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'll be around to chat tomorrow! Okay?
Love your quilts!
I need cocoa!

Hugs and love, T

Sara said...

Thanks for the glimpse of your sewing room. I am trying to think thru a way to redo mine (head to my blog and take a look and let me know if you have any ideas www.itsjustonemore.blogspot.com).
I like the quilt on the couch! Looks good!
Sara

Gina said...

Happy NEW Year!!!
I think you need to A) Make quilts for sale to sewing challenged people like me...and B) ship said quilt with at LEAST a half dozen muffins with LARGE crowns on them...Just an idea...I'm JUS' sayin......

Gina said...

YES, I am serious about the quilt...Hit me up at svenskfru at yahoo.com.....

Blog Archive

Contributors