Saturday, January 24, 2009

A little happiness on a dreary day

I sent off this sweet quilt to Tiny House.
Each little bird represents, Tiny House, her baby and her hubby.


This photo shows the quilting lines.


The back of the quilt was pieced using up leftovers from the front.


Here is a photo of the front.
While making this quilt it brought me so much happiness to try new techniques. (the birdies are sewn by machine with a raw edge)
I enjoyed these colours and these fabrics so very much!
It was my pleasure to make something for such a sweet lady and her family.



~~Right now what makes me happy~~
Cherry Coke Zero
working on a quilt I've named Sunshine (progress photo tomorrow)
planning a purple quilt for my mom
colour, happy bright colour
time to myself today without having to follow A's routine
wonderful friends, off and on line, who appreciate me, love me and guide me to be the best I can be
a 3 foot by 4 foot white board i purchased the other day for Aaron and me (great educational tool)
chocolate
channel 902 on satellite radio (hit trax)
that I'm me and no one else


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tracy said...

You go Girl! I don't find you the least bit boring!

~Macarena~ said...

I disagree with your relative. Your "place" is wherever the [bleep] you want to be. Telling you that you have a place and bossing you about is wrong for anyone. You are a grown woman. Not even your parents should be ordering you around anymore, and this person never had that right.

If you thought there was one way to raise children and this person wasn't doing it that way or "the" way, then I would say you were being unfair. But you are one of the kindest people I know and you need no outside judge of your fairness. The fact that you put up with this [bleep], both the relative and the behavior/abuse, means you put others first, and what is more fair (to others, at your expense) than that?

Those kids will one day know how great they have it to have had you in their corner. They're probably smart enough to know now. If nothing else, at least you provide them a differenr view of the world. They know there's at least one person who contradicts their parent's/parents'/parents' SOs crappy view of the world. I think your relative is still spoiled and jealous that you're an awesome person, mom, aunt, etc. If you see someone mistreating a child, you should speak up. If the behavior hurts you, if you know in your gut it's wrong wrong wrong, even if you can't explain it, you should speak up. Because you don't want to condone it by remaining silent, to give anyone the impression that it's okay with you.

Sadly, you have to decide whether to shut up and take crap from this person just so you can be in the kids' lives, so I can understand if you pick your battles. But the proof that you're right is the fact that this person doesn't want to listen to you. People who want to shut you up on principle, and threaten/advocate violence if you don't, are afraid that your words and courage will take away whatever they're protecting, such as the illusion of being the bestest person ever because mom & dad say so. This person can't win a battle of words against you because you're right!

Your relative would be sobbing maniacally while curled in the fetal position if (s)he had to spend an hour alone doing something for Aaron. You do it all day, every day. You're the reason he survived and survives. You're the reason he's a great person. No one can take that, your talent, or your loving nature from you, regardless of his or her opinion. Remember the fight Harry & Sally have on the steps after the wagon-wheel table. Sally says something like, "You don't have to express every feeling that you have every moment that you have it." That's your relative! I think we know who needs to shut up, and it's isn't you!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I love you just the way you are! I wish like hell I was a bit closer to you so that you could visit me or I could visit you!
We'd have a Hello Kitty theme party or something really fun!

A customer paid with a Hello Kitty check yesterday and I made her show me all of the different checks. They reminded me of you!

I'm sending you an email because I'm going to tell you what I think of your relative!

Hugs and love darling LauraJ!!
T

Anonymous said...

Tell your relative to go blow that hot air outside. Maybe s/he can do away with the minus 20 degree weather. FECK!

On a happier note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those little birdies. What does a girl have to do to get some of those? ;)

Anonymous said...

Laura that quilt is gorgeous , very very pretty!!
Stick to things that make YOU happy, dont focus or worry about anything else but you and your son.
If someone wants to be part of your life he or she will make the effort if there is none coming you know not to bother.That's how I see it.

Love the birdies Laura, feel free to fly around yourself!!!!
Feel the freedom!
Diane

craftydabbler said...

No one deserves the abuse this person has heaped on you. Just because someone is related to you does not mean he/she is worthwhile. Walk away, and don't look back.

I'm sure you can guess that there is an abusive person in my life.

Blog Archive

Contributors