Thursday, January 15, 2009

ugh

The day didn't start off so well when the village plow comes by and dumps 2 feet of crusty ice at the end of the driveway and the usual driveway plow guy doesn't come to shovel it. I had to hurry and make a path to get aaron to the bus before it came. That's the little two foot space you see there.










After seeing the lovely quilt on the line in the other day's post I thought I'd show you what the back yard actually looks like now. Tonnes of snow pilled miles high. I exaggerate of course. Still it's high, but no where near as much snow as we had last year. Thank the snow gods.
















I'm at my wits end with this freaking fracking #)@#*$ puzzle obsession of Aaron's. I've put it in the recycling last week only to pull it back out because he cried for it. I counted to make sure all the pieces were there, they were so he got it back. This puzzle is the first thing he asks for when he wakes, the last thing he touches before going to bed and the the first thing he wants coming off the bus after school. It goes back and forth from room to living room everyday. I put it on the table tray to make it easier to go back and forth. Today it was brought to his bed after school during musictime after school. Some pieces are missing and he's asking me for the missing pieces. I can't find them. I've searched his bed, under his bed, under the carpet. I can't find them. He won't take any other spiderman puzzle but this one. I've tried to offer him others. I even went back to WM to find a replacement or 2 for this one. They aren't carrying them anymore. Again I'm at my wits end. I know he loves this puzzle but love has turned to obsession when it's been more than 6 months this puzzle has been a big part of our lives. I can't handle the stress right now that there are missing pieces. If I tell him I can't find them he will have a meltdown and I have to suffer through the hours of crying. I can do away with the puzzle forever and I tried this before Christmas. However he just cried and cried and asked and asked until it showed up. I can't bare the thought of Aaron being sad.







I ask myself when is enough enough?







How do I sit there and break his heart by throwing it away for good?







How do I spare both of our sanities in the process??

6 comments:

Julie said...

Big Hugs, my dear! I can't offer advice because I've never done very well in this dept. either. I can commisserate though. Tuck tends to fixate on things too - like the "snow people" he made and then was devistated to discover they had melted while he was at school. He just wouldn't understand and kept walking circles in the yard, crying, looking for his snow friends. It was awful. Do you have a picture of the puzzle? I'd be happy to see if I could find it around here. More hugs!

Junior said...

wow that is a lot of snow.
I would also be happy to keep an eye out for that puzzle if you have picture of it. Junior is totally into spiderman so would love to look for the puzzle.

Tracy said...

Can you post a picture of the box and the picture of what it looks like? If so,I will check here for it!

Melzie said...

if you post a pic of the cover I'll look at my walmart Laura. xoxo melzie

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Do you want me to check on ebay for one of those puzzles? I could try to find him that puzzle there. Let me know! I could check our WM too....

I wish there was more I could do for you.

Big warm hugs!!

Tine said...

I agree with everyone else. We need a picture of the box!!! Please may we try to help you?? Please?!

Blog Archive

Contributors