Saturday, April 4, 2009

crafty thing of the day


I quilted several lines on the Purple quilt only to realize when I turned it over they were bunched up on the back and it looked awful. I took an hour to unpick all the stitches. I've always been afraid of Free Motion Quilting because I just don't know how to do it and I fear anything that's new and a difficult challenge. After following along this great blogger's Quilt Along I came across her post for FMQ. I thought okay maybe I can do this. Maybe. I'll try it. So today's crafty endeavour is practicing the free motion.
I'm watching this video and reading this and looking at lots of photos on flickr.
I'm determined to figure this out. My self imposed deadline to mail the finished quilt is April 21.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

You go for it Laura !!!
Its going to look fantastic!
Diane

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Cool!

It's beautiful!

Hugs!!

kia (good enough mama) said...

So once you have this all figured out, you can teach me. I was never able to do it either.

Blog Archive

Contributors