Tuesday, April 7, 2009

crafty thing of the day


I finished the first dishcloth yesterday and gave it as an Easter gift today.
I started a new one today and I am going to try to follow this pattern.
Someone commented on my last dishcloth post and asked me if I knew how to knit and yes I know how to knit but didn't know how to make these dish cloths. I doubt I'll ever branch out into knitting full time because golly gee it takes a long time! A week with knittings here and there. I'm not one who likes to watch tv so to just sit and knit I found boring. I do vow to make socks before I die. But not right now. I'm happy with cute little dishclothes one stitch at a time. By the end of the year I should have 52 ?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

I am not a knitter either but I do dable, it is slow work I prefer to crochet than knit.
Diane

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm going to try it someday. Maybe you could teach me? I'm not very good at things that take patience!

Hugs!!

jacquie said...

sure wish i could knit...but 52?

byneedleandthread said...

i want to knit socks too. but i'm having a hard time focusing my attention on something that takes so long to accomplish, and so much time away from quilting. us quilters are used to (almost) instant gratification.

smileymamaT said...

That's the thing with knitting, I just find it takes me forever! But your dishcloths are nice! (ps I LOVE my Easter egg... I just saw your photos of it! hee hee... it likes it's new home) :)

kia (good enough mama) said...

I love pink. That's a gorgeous one. :) I love your idea of making one per week. It seems so do-able.

Blog Archive

Contributors