Wednesday, June 3, 2009

put one foot in front of the other

Last week I broke my walking foot. (A special foot that helps quilt straight lines with my sewing machine.) Yesterday I went to pick one up at my local sewing shop. Came home and it didn't fit. I bought the wrong one. Oh dear. So I debated with myself overnight if I was going to wait until Thursday when "my lady" comes over and she can give me a ride. Or I could walk the 15 minutes there and get some fresh air and enjoy what nature has to offer. (Thanks nature lady for that reminder to get out there!) So I put one foot in front of the other and away I went.
Let me tell you a little story about these shoes. Back in March when I went to Montreal with Aaron I wore the crappiest sneakers from WM. After a day of walking around as we usually do my feet hurt so bad that I was ready just to walk barefoot! I went to several places where they sell shoes and could not find what I was looking for: something nice and cheap. My last change was an Aldo store. If you live in a big Canadian city then you know Aldo is tres chic and tres cher* for shoes. *As in lotsa money. So I walked in anyway hoping to find something on clearance. I had no other options for shoes and I was ready to do anything for my feet to stop hurting. I browsed the shoes, tried on a few, turned them over to look at the prices and tried to calm myself down that it was okay, everything would be all right and I was worth GOOD shoes. These are the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever bought in my life. I love them and will wear them down to nothing! I will then divide the cost by however many years they last me. They make up for 20 pairs of crappy WM shoes!
Oh and the shoes I had? I told the sales lady to dispose of them and walked out with my new ones on my feet.

Along the way hope I stopped at the local Timhortons and had a little breakfast. This is my first walk of the year and I needed the energy!

So I came home and was very happy that my new sewing machine foot fit my machine. It worked beautifully and enabled me to finish this placemat that I started on Sunday.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yep.

(Now searching to see what personal flaws I'm oblivious to...)

Andrea said...

Huh. I got my comments mixed up--this was meant for someone else's blog. Oops.

What I meant to say *here* was--I like the photo of the walking feet on the way to get the walking foot.

It's been one of those weeks, eh?

Sarah said...

Yes, the correct walking foot is worth a little exertion!

Blog Archive

Contributors