I enjoy washing fabric. There's something relaxing about filling the sink or a bucket with hot tap water and draping the fabric in and watching it absorb all the water. Then leaving it to soak until the water is cool. Then I wring everything out and bring my little bundled balls of fabric to the clothesline to let them air dry.
A new challenge has been bestowed upon me aptly named by a fellow friend and blogreader,
"Operation Get Out of the House".
Todays mission was a picnic for one down at the local park.
I was inspired by this photo and decided to take my own version.
No matter where we are in the world we are all connected by the sun.

3 comments:
You are going to have one happy boy when he sees those.
Hope you had a nice lunch.
Sounds like you had a gorgeous day Laura, I use to go to the park a lot myself when the kids were little.
Diane
Now I am enamored by your quilts even more, knowing your method for washing and drying your fabric. It totally reminds me of growing up and going over to my grandma's house and running in and out of the hanging sheets in the sunshine. It just makes your quilts all the more endearing to know the complete process.
Loved this post!
Post a Comment