Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 4 and woo hoo I'm on a roll

Let's take a little peek into my world. The world where I wear a mama hat. A special kind of mama hat. One that allows me to be mama and nurse all rolled into one.
Yesterday I was worried about Aaron and possible side effects of having had the H1N1 flu vaccine. He come home from school his usual giggly self and after his "stuff" was done he was then allowed his beloved musictime. During this time I usually do other housely mama things that mamas are supposed to do. I heard him chatting away to himself and his music. Then I hear nothing for a while thinking that he's just being quiet. As I always do I go see him around ten to 5. Poor dear was just so tuckered out he decided to have a cat nap. That's fine, he's done it before. If he needs it he needs it. School is hard work on a little guy. He mustered up the energy to get to the living room and he watched me while I pinned up that quilt I was working on. The odd thing was that he stayed in one spot for 2 hours. That was not like him. I touched him, he felt okay. I proceeded with his bath and bedtime routine which he then started shivering. The water was warm enough, it's not like I bathe him in ice water. Upon putting him to bed I realized he did indeed have a low-grade fever. Oh dear. I gave him some tylenol, actually I had to crush half of one of mine because I had no liquid kids tylenol. He slept through the night and woke at 5 or so chattering as he does in the morning. He sounded fine and I decided to get up and get him ready for school. If anything wasn't right I'd keep him home. He went to school much to my joy. I live for when he's away at school. I love having the day to myself.

Although today was cut a little short as I had to go get the little tyke at school and bring him to the hospital for a little procedure to have his gastrostomy peg changed out to a new one. Everything went well and he was rewarded with going to the store with mama for weekly shopping. I'm not ashamed of my boy and I enjoy taking him out. Each year he just gets a little older and listens just a little more. There was a time I could not bring him in his wheelchair as he just would not push his own chair and he'd cry because I wasn't bringing him to the kodakpicturemaker right away. That was his reward back then. Today my darling boy followed me throughtout the whole store while I had two hands on my shopping cart. I did have to look back every now and then to make sure he was following and he was. Although a couple times he held up shopping cart traffic because he had to stop to look at something interesting. Mostly packaging from different items. For being such a well behaved boy today he got a "surprise" at the end of my shopping, he got to choose a music CD from this big bargain bin. He holds that CD like it's gold I tell you!

So that was today. I'll be back again tomorrow. I certainly hope I'm not boring. And if I am, please feel free to move right along. Have a good day and sleep well tonight.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day : )

Valerie said...

Nope, not boring. ;) I'm still here reading!

carol said...

Never boring hearing about your life and that darling little boy of yours.

Sarah said...

Aaron is rally making strides and I love hearing about it!

Karen said...

You sound like an awesome mama! Blessings on you and your little boy!

Blog Archive

Contributors