Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5 and I'm doing a Jive!

A quilting jive that is:

quilting detail

I have to say I'm still a beginner free motion quilter. I've been at this for a year. I've practice lots with little things and some not so little things and I have still many things to work on but I am very proud of the progress I've made so far. There was a time I didn't know what the heck I was doing and now I seem to know a little more than when I started. I'm happy with this look and I can't wait to finish this quilt! Just another many hours of sewing swirlies to go!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Cool pattern! I am still in the "intimidation" phase when it comes to free motion quilting. I want to try it, but I have no idea where to start. I guess I might ask for a free motion foot for Christmas, and then just go from there...

Carole Burant said...

I absolutely love the quilting you do, makes me so wish I knew how! You need to come over here to show me!! hehe I've just caught up with your last few posts and I especially enjoyed the previous one regarding a peek into your world...you are such a great mom to Aaron and even though I know it can be very frustrating at times, it shines through your words how much you love him. He sure has place in my heart:-) xoxo

carol said...

You're doing a great job! i can't wait to see it done.

Hope said...

looks great to me!

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Laura this is so cool!!
I love this one!!
Diane

zeebah said...

Gorgeous!

Blog Archive

Contributors