Today's theme was mustaches:
I tried with all my might to draw a mustache with brown eyeliner and it didn't work out. So I cut up some brown cardstock scraps and stuck it on with double sided sticky tape.
In the background you can see what I've been working on this week... quilting of a huge quilt!
And no I did not quilt it while wearing a mustache.
I got a phone call yesterday from school informing me I was invited to an assembly at school today because my boy was about to be presented for the second time this year with:
How awesome is that? I wondered in a class with 20 kids and only 9 months out of the school year how Aaron managed to get 2?! He must be doing really well!! I a brief moment I felt bad for the other children who didn't get a certificate. I also wonder if they give it to him for pity's sake because he's in a wheelchair? Then I think again and realize that he does deserve it considering how much he's progressed since last June.
I'm still waiting for the June whinies to begin like the two previous years where he'd whine non stop after school and then some. I'm glad he's maturing and learning to regulate his emotions.
Today being Friday and with him not going to papa's house he didn't have a meltdown at all this week. Back in January he'd be so sad on Wednesdays and Thursdays when he realized he wasn't going to papa's house. A sure sign of his "growing up".
Come next Friday you'll find him on the porch waiting for papa
like he did last Friday with a big grin on his face:
4 comments:
Kids maturing its a good thing !
Laura you look cute with a mustache!
Congratulations to Arron , that's a super wonderful accomlishment!
Diane
Loving the 'stache! That boy sure does look grown up... good work, Aaron!!
Congrats to Aaron on a job well done! I'm a teacher and I think that winning "student on the month" twice in one school year is a huge accomplishment.
The 'stash is awesome!
The mustache made me laugh out loud!!! I didn't expect it hahaha. Yay for Aaron! So proud of him!
Post a Comment