Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bullet post with a pretty picture at the end




  • Hello.



  • How are you?



  • We're fine. Although Aaron's got some nasty aliens in his left ear. Some good cleaning and ear drops should clear that up in a few days.



  • Speaking of few days this is Aaron's last long weekend before school lets out in 4.5 weeks. He goes back Tuesday. I'm glad this is a Papa weekend so I get some relief.



  • I'm taking some time off this weekend from the menfolk and going to spend time with a friend and her family.



  • I have been sewing. And sewing. Working on a million projects all at once.



  • I took a break from making a 100 patchworked squares to tidy my sewing room. I put many piles in bins and put them away. Having all the piles staring at me was causing me great stress and a sense of sewing overwhelmingness.



  • I made up that last phrase. You're welcome to use it if you like.



  • I'm planning a quilt along starting June 1.



  • I'm not ready! But I'm not worried, it's one of those work at your own pace kinda QA.



  • I bought myself an early birthday present. A lap top. So much fun, especially to take it to the sewing room and take breaks from sewing and look at flickr or blogs or ....



  • Aaron failed an evaluation for an Ipad. I was bummed. He had the evaluation from therapists to see if they would reccommend it for him to aid in communication. Since he failed it there won't be any backing for funding for one.



  • I am a mama on a mission to prove that he can use technology effectively given the right guidance, direction and discipline. The reason he failed was because according to them he just seeks the cause and effect aspect of any device. (When we go shopping he still heads for the 0-3 electronic baby toys. We don't buy them because he is well beyond that intellectually.)



  • Anyway I was trying to say that this mama took matters into her own hands and purchased an Ipod touch to teach Aaron how to use technology appropriately.



  • I am waiting to introduce it to him during the summer when we have more time to devote to learning new things.



  • We were called back for an appointment in the Big City. We have to go the end of June. Upon further study of Aaron's exrays it appears that his right hip is quite dislocated and the orthospecialist wants to meet with us in person to discuss a plan of action.






birthday present for a friend


I made this bag this week for my friend's birthday next Tuesday. I'm giving it to her tomorrow when I go to visit. I hope she likes it! I know she will be surprised!


Have a great long weekend!


6 comments:

Valerie said...

What a smart mama you are -- takin' charge! You go, LJ!

Sounds like you're gearin' up for a great summer. I'm trying to get more pumped for it, but whoo, with three boys now, I'm a bit intimidated. Must make a plan.

Quilt-a-long! Just what I need. Haven't done one in forever, so I'll try my best to participate!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

love that bag! it's gorgeous!

Everyday Quilter said...

I just found your blog about a week or two ago. I love you work and the honest insight into your life! Thanks for blogging!

Samantha said...

Ooh, "sewing overwhelmingness." I am suffering from that myself...

:o) mg said...

I love your new phrase... exactly what I get when I walk into my wonderful sewing room which is now the ironing room - meh.... it's not as much fun to be in there now.
I know this sounds dumb but can you explain a quilt a long?

Sarah said...

That bag is so pretty and summery! I hope they don't have to do anything drastic or scary about Aaron's hip.

Blog Archive

Contributors