Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A happy boy having a happy summer

I don't know what it is but this year I seem to have more energy to set up his pool and take him out to just wade in it.
We've had an interesting summer to say the least. July was spent hither, thither and yon for dear Aaron and now August he's with his mama more than anywhere else.
When the weather cooperates, which is rare, I clean the kiddie pool of that icky slime that builds up if left to sit too long. I used dish soap and a rag, a little vinegar would be helpful too. A good rinse and the pool is like new. I am a clever mama because several years ago I headed to the hardware store and bought a special adapter for the kitchen faucet. This allows me to hook up the garden hose to the tap water. I open both hot and cold water and fill up the pool. If the water is too warm I shut off the hot water. It's always just right and he loves it! 2 hours in the pool saves me a bath later that day. I even wash his hair out there by him hanging his head outside the pool and me using a big bowl to rinse.
When he's inside and dressed this is what happens:

Someone isn't gonna sleep tonight

I haven't taken proper pictures of this quilt. When Aaron let's me borrow it I will have to take nice photos of it. I put it together in June as part of Scrapbeelooza, an online quilting bee I was in last year. I wanted I spy log cabins. I recieved many blocks and I had some help with pieces of novelty fabrics which I then sewed onto two sides of all the squares. I then trimmed them to 15 inches square and sewed them all together. I had bought the backing last year and didn't buy enough. I didn't think too long about it because I wanted this done for Aaron for summertime. I had a yard of cute froggy pond fabric that I thought would be fun on the back.I sewed down the binding the last couple hours he was in school.
He loves this quilt. It has gone with him all of July on his many outings. It also comes in the backyard with us when he's soaking in the pool.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh! Lovely photos, lovely quilt, lovely boy.

Samantha said...

love to see him so happy with his special quilt <3


ps I moved- am now at http://madfabriholic.wordpress.com/

Blog Archive

Contributors