Friday, January 6, 2012
Happy New Year!!
Sorry I'm a little late with the New Year's Greetings. Life has just run away from me yet again. Christmas came and went. It was a low-key affair around these parts. I spent a day with a friend and her family which was nice.
I have several pictures to share:
I made Waffles for the first time. They were super sweet!
I went next door for tea a few times during the break.
Aaron went to his dad's for 7 days and I decided that the time was now that I would do my sewing room overhaul. I had been promising myself I'd do this for a couple years now and never got around to it. The dust had been getting to me for several months so it was time. I took a couple before pics. Last Friday I cleared the room out and dumped it into the hallway and poor Aaron's room. Let me tell you that I had a big scare while cleaning the room and putting things back in. The trash bags were in the middle of the room and as I was going through bins and trashing garbage I backed into one of the bags and stepped on something. I thought it was the corner of plastic bin. When I inspected the damage I didn't see anything at first and I looked in the trash bag to see what I had stepped on. Then I saw the blood on my heel and my flip flop was sliced about an inch I freaked out a little. I realized I had stepped on a discarded rotary blade!
Once I emptied the room it was time to bring it back in. I went through everything and trashed what wasn't worth saving, gave away whaat I wouldn't actually be using and organized what was left. There's still some work to be done like tidying up the closet much better but I'm very proud that I took this project on and finished it in 2 and a half days. I looks so much better and I feel more at peace when I walk by the room. I no longer cringe walking by seeing the disasterous mess it once was. I am hoping I will be more productive in here for this year. Tomorrow I'd like to reorganize my scraps. Again.
My year in patchwork was a little more productive than I thought after I put this year end mosaic together.
I have several projects that will be carried into the new year and hopefully I can make some progress on them along with starting and hopefully finishing many more. I have a feeling this will be the year of the baby quilt as there will be a few babies born to family and friends close to me.
For now that's my news and I leave you with one last picture:
So with that I am choosing CELEBRATE as my word of the year. So much to celebrate for!! It's 2012 and a wonderful year to be alive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
your room looks great, I didn't go quite that deep in but I went pretty far and had mine done new yrs eve :) Nothing like starting the new year with a creative new start!! My word of the year I am claiming is PRODUCTIVE I am lazy and unmotivated and waste A LOT of time on the computer :) <3 you! melz
Bravo for you! That was a huge job and you MUST feel awesome having it all done and ready for 2012! Many happy sewing hours to you! I'm sure you will dazzle us with tons of new beauties!
"....I'm choosing celebrate as my word of the year".
That would make an awesome tattoo!!
Just saying...
: )
Brenda
Happy New Year to you and Aaron as well:-) Those waffles sure do look delicious, that's something I haven't had in years. Wow, you sure did do a big clean up job on your sewing room:-) I know it was a lot of work but doesn't it feel so good once it's done! I'm in the decluttering mood again and may start on my computer/craft room this coming week, you've motivated me:-) xoxo
I'm impressed and awed! You're sewing room looks fabulous! My word of the year is "productive". I'm determined to get more done this year.
The above comment wasn't anonymous it was me. Jeepers things have changed around blog world!
There must be something in the air... I re-organized my sewing room this past weekend. I LOVE it and really need to snap some pics for my sewing blog. Sadly, I didn't take before pics.
I am hoping to finish some quilt tops this year. I tend to get them halfway done, then start hating the fabric, and leave the project deserted.
Post a Comment