Aaron came home Sunday afternoon from spending the weekend at Papa's, sporting a very cropped hairdo. I knew I wanted this done for months and I was ready for it but I didn't realize how gosh darn cute he'd be with his fuzzy little head. This will make our lives so much easier once we are back home and nestled in our little convalescing living room.
We have been here in the big city since Monday. Unfortunately it was our only ride in so we had to come 2 days in advance. Upon our arrival there was a wee mix up with our reservation which hadn't been actually made. Then I was left to worry if perhaps I'd come too early or too late. You see I dream these scenarios at night sometimes. Or I dream that I lose Aaron in the big city. That's not actually a dream, that's a nightmare! I digress, so we arrive, and we're given a room and right away Aaron wants to go to the mall. We go and spend a couple hours walking around.
Tuesday and Wednesday we had a little routine going where we'd wake up and hang out in the hotel until lunch then we'd go out and spend the afternoon at the mall and then come back to the hotel.
Thursday we went to the children's hospital for pre-operation exams, exrays, blood tests, and meet ups with different folks involved in the team. Aaron was given the all clear and he's schedualed for surgery Monday morning at 9 am, although we have to arrive an hour earlier. After spending half a day at the hospital and already being out and about Aaron wanted to go to the mall again and I said sure why not I had been heavily caffinated so I figured I could do it. Even in a snow storm and with sidewalks full of snow and slush. Let me tell you after 4 days of all this walking I think I've already lost 5 pounds because my pants are looser than normal. Which is really not a bad thing.
I'm hoping tomorrow the streets and sidewalks are a little clearer because we're heading out in the morning to meet up with a fellow tweeting friend! How exciting! I'm thrilled because someone is taking time out of their day just to come and say hello to us. After spending 4 days out in public in a big city it makes me want to weep sometimes the rudeness and inconsiderateness of some people. I miss my small town immensely.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
First Dispatch from the Big City
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
you can count on my prayers Laura. Love to you and Aaron.
xoxo melzie
Hope you have a pleasant weekend and best wishes for Monday.
I have been thinking of you and Aaron ever since you left. I have been sick myself, but I will call you today sometime. I'm so sorry that you've had some troubles already with rude people. Not nice! Love you!
You are in my thoughts these days. I hope you're getting plenty of coffee and cake to make up for the rudeness of city folk.
{{hugs}}
So glad you can mix a little fun into your hospital trip. Will keep you and Aaron in my prayers.
His new hair cut is adorable... Will be thinking of you on Monday (and beyond.)
I hope you spend a nice weekend. I am so glad you get to meet up with someone in the big city!
Good luck to you and Aaron! I will be praying you!
Post a Comment